The change in dimensions of the Indian luxury market has made India irresistible to the best luxury brands of the world. Growing at the rate of about 25% annually, the potential held by this market makes it hard for luxury brands to ignore. Here are the top most powerful luxury fashion brands that are retailing in India :
1. Louis Vuitton – With a rich 160-year history, the heritage of Louis Vuitton makes it the most powerful luxury fashion brand of the world. Founded in 1854, by a visionary artisan-trunkmaker, Maison Louis Vuitton, the company has over 10,000 employees in more than 65 countries, 460 boutiques including 3 in India and a valuation of $27.3 billion!
2. Fendi – Founded in Rome, in 1925, by Adele Casagrande. Fendi has more than 197 stores worldwide and headquarters in Rome, Italy. The luxury goods company, debuted in India’s most sought after mall property, at the Emporio Mall in Delhi. The famous Fendi “baguette” sells for approximately $2,000 to $8,000 a piece.
3. Rolex – The Swiss watch manufacturer was founded in 1905 by Alfred Davis and Hans Wilsdorf in London. After 15 years of operations, in 1919, the headquarters were moved to Geneva, Switzerland. Rolex relies on 4,000 watchmakers in more than 100 countries and has stores all over the globe including India. This luxury watch manufacturer is currently valued at $8.8 dollars.
4. Cartier – Founded by Louis-François Cartier in 1847, Cartier is the fourth most powerful luxury brand in the world, valued at $6.1 billion. Its most precious collection consists of The Cartier Large Ballon Bleu Pave Diamond Watch which is priced at $164,000. Run by CEO Cyrille Vigneron, the company has over 200 stores worldwide and operates in more than 125 countries including India.
5. Gucci – The second most valuable luxury brand in the world, Gucci, is valued at $12 billion. Founded in Florence in 1921, by Guccio Gucci, today it is part of the Gucci Group and is owned by Kering. Gucci has over 522 stores worldwide with 4 boutiques in India. You can now also get new and pre-owned Gucci accessories online at http://www.envoged.com.
6. Hermes – Started in 1837 as a family-run saddlery business, Hermes has grown into one of the world’s most desirable luxury brands. Hermès set a world record, by selling the Hermès Birkin Bag, at an astonishing price of $203,150. Currently, Hermes has around 315 stores including 2 in India and is valued at $11.7 billion.
7. Coach – This American brand was founded in 1941 by Lillian and Miles Cah. Coach is presently valued at $7.5 billion and has over 425 stores in North America, approximately 520 in Asia and 40 in Europe. The brand recently inaugurated its first flagship store in Mumbai, India on 1st July this year.